How to Get Full Set Nails that Look Perfect
Gorgeous sets of nails are as important to your outfit as the perfect handbag. We get it. When your nails aren’t right, everything else seems off. Luckily, we’ve uncovered the secret to getting a perfect set of nails every single time. The most surprising part is, you can do it at home in just a few minutes.
Believe it or not, humans have been painting their nails since 3200 B.C.—a very long time ago. Throughout history, nail painting has been used to symbolize class, cultural pride, and of course, fashion. Nowadays, nails are a stylish way to express yourself and are essential to pulling an outfit together.
We have countless nail role models like Cardi B, Kylie Jenner, and pretty much any celebrity that fancies themselves a fashion role model. But you don’t need an expensive designer manicure to sport a perfect set. All you need are the right tools to give yourself a perfect at-home manicure. Trust us! It’s super easy, and the results are just as stunning as a fancy salon set.
Dip Powder Nails
Dip powder nails are the hottest new nail trend for getting salon-quality results at home. These manicures are more durable than any other type of manicure and will leave you with chip-free nails for three to six weeks. The best part is, they are super easy to apply!
To get started with dip powder manicures, all you will need is a Naillboo Dip Kit. These awesome kits include all the goodies you need to take your nails from unsightly to undeniably gorgeous! With each kit, you will get all the tools you will need to apply and take off your perfect set of dip powder nails.
Nailboo Dip Kits
There are three kits you can select from. Each kit comes with a different number of color powder jars. Each jar will last for 30 whole nail sets. So, with each color powder jar, you can save yourself 30 trips to the nail salon—that's a ton of money and time.
Here’s the breakdown of what you get with each kit:
- The Starter Kit: This Starter Kit comes with your choice of a single color powder and is great if you’re trying dip powder nails for the first time. Pick your go-to color and give it a try! This kit has enough color powder for 30 flawless sets of nails.
- The Essentials Kit: This Essentials Kit comes with four different colors so that you can pick a couple of your favorite shades. This kit is our most popular and will last for 120 sets of gorgeous nails.
- The Pro Kit: This Pro Kit comes with your selection of six different colors. This kit is perfect for anyone who loves to change up their color often. With this kit, you’ll get enough color powder for 180 perfect sets of nails.
Included with every Nailboo Dip Kit:
- Three-Step Liquid Kit: This includes Base 1, Activator 2, and Top 3. These are all of the liquids you will need for the application.
- Cleaner Liquid: This will help you clean up any mistakes for flawless finishing effects.
- Build Powder: This powder will create a smooth base so that your manicure comes out perfect every time. It also protects your natural nail underneath.
- Color Powder: You get to pick your color powder—or powders—from our 58 stunning shades.
- Brush: To gently brush away any excess powder during application.
- Four-Way File: This handy file has four different grades for both filing and buffing.
- Cuticle Pusher: To use when pushing back your cuticles before applying dip polish.
- Removal Clips: These handy clips attach to your fingertips and secure an acetone-soaked cotton pad around to your nail for an easy, mess-free removal.
These fantastic kits have everything you need from application to removal. It’s basically like having a whole nail salon in one great kit. With Nailboo, you’ll never need to return to the time and expense of the nail salon.
How To Apply A Perfect Set Of Nails
With your Nailboo Dip Kit, you’ll be able to apply a perfect set of nails every single time, and once you try it a few times, you will be able to put on a full set in just a few minutes. You’ll be a dip powder pro in no time.
Prep Your Nails
Before you start with the color application, you can do a few things to prepare your nail beds for a perfect manicure or pedicure. You’ll want to wash and dry your hands so that you can begin with clean, dry nails. Next, follow these simple steps to prep like a pro:
- File Nails- Move the file in a gliding motion over the tip of your nail. Begin at the edge and round towards the center. Do not file back and forth! This can create unsightly rough edges that don’t have a uniform, clean look.
- Push Back Cuticles- Use the Nailboo cuticle pusher to softly push back your cuticles. Trimming your cuticles may be common practice at most salons, but according to experts, you're better off pushing them back to avoid any peeling.
- Buff Nails- Use the softest side of your four-way buffer to smooth out nail ridges and remove oil build-up from the nail’s surface. This will result in a smooth, even manicure.
- Wash Hands- Wash your hands and pat them dry to get rid of any leftover grit from the buffing.
- Wipe With Acetone- You don’t have to do this step, but it can help your manicure look and last like a professional set. Apply acetone to your nails with a cotton ball to remove any lingering oils and ensure that your perfect polish stays put.
Once you have prepared your nails just like a professional, it’s time for the fun part—the color! You can easily apply your flawless manicure by following these simple steps:
- Base 1 Coat & Build- Start with painting a single nail with a layer of Base 1 from your Dip Kit. Then dip that nail into the jar of Build Powder. Repeat this on each of your nails, and then take the brush and remove any leftover powder. The Build powder will create the perfect base for a flawless final product.
- Base 1 Coat & Color Powder- Paint each nail with Base 1 once more, except this time, dip the nail into the Color Powder of your choice. Repeat this process with each of your nails, then brush off the excess color powder. Then apply another coat of Base 1 and dip your nail into the color powder one more time to give your nail a second coat.
- Activator 2 Coat- Once you have two vibrant color layers, paint each nail with the special liquid Activator 2 from your kit. After two minutes, the Activator should be dry. This step cures your powder into a sturdy shell.
- File & Buff- When the Activator has fully dried, use the roughest side of your nail file to buff the tops of your manicure.
- Activate & Buff Again- Next, apply a second layer of liquid Activator 2 and wait a minute or two for it to cure. Then buff the tops of each of your nails once more.
- Top Coat- Finish off your gorgeous nails with a layer of Top 3 from your trusty kit. This will seal in your color, protect your nails from the sun, and give your manicure that professional salon-quality shine.
- Clean Up- If you have gotten polish in any unwanted areas, use the special Cleaner liquid from your dip kit to perfect your manicure.
Once you're done, your nails will look as perfect as they would after an expensive trip to the salon. Dip powder creates high-quality nails that will look stunning for weeks to come.
If you want to add some length to your manicure, all you will need are some Pro Touch Nail Tips. Simply glue them onto your natural nails with some nail glue, and then apply the dip powder over the fake tip. This is a great way to get a perfect set of nails that will look just like an expensive acrylic set.
Another fantastic way to add some extra flair to your nails is with a stunning custom design. The Nailboo website has several great tutorials that can show you how to add fabulous designs that are easy to apply but look like a million bucks. Who needs a designer manicure when you can get the same fabulous nails at home?
The perfect set of nails will complete any outfit, and with Nailboo, you can have gorgeous salon-quality nails whenever you want. By applying your own nails, you will be saving tons of money while still turning looks. Application is easy, and your nails will turn out flawless every single time. You’ve simply got to grab your Nailboo Dip Kit today!