How Long Do Dip Nails Last?
Are you tired of having to go back to the salon for a fresh manicure every week? With regular nail polish, you are lucky if your glossy new manicure lasts a whole week without chipping. If you're a fan of gel manicures, then your mani will likely last up to three weeks before it inevitably starts to lift and peel off. With a dip powder manicure, you can count on your mani to last up to six whole weeks without any chipping or peeling. It’s like a manicure miracle!
Dip manicures are the hottest new nail trend. Today, we will cover everything you need to know about dip manicures. We’ll even tell you what you need to get started as well as tips and tricks for application and removal. Once you're done reading this, you will be a dip powder expert.
What Is A Dip Powder Manicure?
Dip powder manicures are the newest and most popular type of manicure available. These revolutionary manis can be easily applied in a matter of minutes for salon-quality results that are durable and long-lasting. But what is a dip powder manicure?
A dip powder manicure is applied using a set of liquid polishes combined with colorful acrylic powder. Simply paint on the clear base coat and then dip your nail in the color powder. After two layers of color have been applied, the manicure is cured using a liquid coat of activator. This activator works like magic to instantly harden your manicure. Apply a shiny layer of top coat, and you will have a stunning and durable manicure for many weeks to come.
If you have ever gotten a gel manicure, then the instant drying effect of dip manicures may sound familiar. However, dip powder manicures last twice as long and harden without using potentially harmful UV light. Without the need for this bulky equipment, dip powder manicures are safe and easy to apply at home.
By switching to dip powder and ditching the salon, you can save thousands of dollars without sacrificing endless sets of flawless nails. Once you try Nailboo dip powder, you will never settle for any other type of manicure again.
How Long Does A Dip Manicure Last?
Dip manicures can last anywhere between three to six weeks. This long-lasting manicure bonds to your nail so you don’t have to worry about chipping or lifting. Your manicure won’t budge or lift until you are ready to remove it.
Dip powder manicures are durable and will reinforce your natural nails, so you don’t have to worry about painful broken nails. This makes dip powder nails an excellent option for anyone who works with their hands but still wants to sport a fabulous set of nails.
You can apply dip powder to your natural nails or use glue on nail tips for some added length. Either way, once you’ve applied your manicure, it will stay put for up to six weeks. This long-lasting polish alternative is a total manicure game changer. You’ve simply got to try it!
What Do You Need To Try A Dip Manicure At Home?
You can apply a dip manicure at home in a matter of minutes. Dip powder is easy to use no matter what your level of experience is with painting nails. All you need for a dip powder mani at home is a handy Nailboo Dip Kit.
This kit is packed with all the things you need for a salon-quality manicure at home. You will be amazed by how quick and easy the application is. With stunning results time after time, you won’t need to make regular trips to the salon anymore.
There are three different Nailboo Dip Kits to choose from depending on how many dip powder colors you want.
- The Starter Kit comes with your choice of one color powder and is excellent for trying out dip powder for the first time.
- The Essentials Kit comes with four different colors and is great if you want to get several colors for different looks and occasions.
- The Pro Kit comes with six different colors. This kit is perfect if you already know and love dip manicures and want a bunch of color options.
These fantastic starter kits come with everything you need to get started, including a three-step liquid kit and a cleaner for finishing effects. You’ll also get build powder, colored powder, a brush, a four-way file, cuticle pusher, and remover clips to help you safely remove your color once you are finished.
With Nailboo, you just need to pick out your colors, and we’ll handle the rest. This starter kit is packed with goodies to ensure that your mani comes out perfect every single time.
How Do I Apply A Dip Powder Manicure?
To ensure that your manicure lasts as long as possible, you will need to make sure that you always apply your mani to sparkly, clean nails. It is important to remove all of the natural oils from your nails with any manicure type to make sure the polish can bond with your nail for long-lasting effects. Clean nails equal long-lasting results.
Before you begin your manicure, prep your nails for success. To start, gently file your nails in one direction. Seesawing back and forth will create a rough edge that could impact the lifespan of your manicure. After you have filed your nails, buff them to get out any ridges.
Next, wash your nails with soap and water to remove any lingering natural oils. For extra long-lasting results, use acetone to clean off each nail before applying our dip powder manicure.
After you have prepared your nails, it’s time to apply your dip powder manicure. Simply follow these instructions for amazing long-lasting effects:
- Push Back Your Cuticles- Use the cuticle pusher from your kit to gently push back your cuticles.
- Base Coat And Build- Apply Base Coat to one of your nails. Then dip that nail into the Build Powder. Repeat this with each nail, then brush off the excess powder with the brush from your kit.
- Base Coat And Color Powder- Apply another layer of the Base Coat liquid to each nail. This time, dip your nail into the color powder of your choice. Tap your nail on the side, then brush off the excess powder. Repeat this on each nail two times to create two layers of color.
- Activator Coat- Apply the magic liquid Activator from your kit to each nail. Wait two minutes for this layer to dry. The Activator hardens the color powder instantly for a durable final product.
- File And Buff- After your coat of Activator has dried, use the buffer to buff the tops of each nail. This might seem strange, but the results will speak for themselves.
- Repeat Steps Three And Four Again- Next, add another Activator layer and wait two more minutes. Then buff the tops of your nails once again.
- Top Coat- Apply the Top Coat from your kit to each nail. Wait for two minutes, or until the top coat is dry and then apply a second layer. This glossy top coat seals everything in for a gorgeous set of shiny nails.
Once you have gotten the hang of this process, you will be able to apply your gorgeous manicure in a matter of minutes!
How Do I Remove My Dip Powder Manicure?
When you are ready to remove your manicure after three to six weeks, all you will need is some acetone, your four-way file, removal clips, and some cotton rounds. It is crucial that you never attempt to peel off your dip powder manicure as you could damage your natural nails. But no need to worry! The proper removal process is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Coarse Buff- Use the coarse nail file to buff the top of each nail to remove the top layer of dip polish.
- Acetone- Soak a cotton round in pure acetone. Then, place it on top of your nail.
- Removal Clip- Secure the cotton pad in place with a handy removal clip. Repeat this on each nail.
- Wait- Leave the clips and acetone on for 15-20 min or until the polish can be easily scraped off. This is a great time to flip through your favorite magazine.
- Remove- Take each cotton round off in a twisting motion to loosen up the polish. Next, use your cuticle pusher to gently remove any remaining polish. If the polish doesn’t come up easily, soak for a bit longer.
- Gentle Buff- After your polish is mostly removed, use the gentle sides of your buffer to smooth and buff away leftover bits of product.
- Moisturize- Use some lotion and cuticle oil to moisturize your hands and cuticles, as the acetone may dry them out.
Dip manicures are the longest-lasting manicure available today. With Nailboo’s top-notch starter kits and easy application process, you can get salon-quality manicures at home for a fraction of the price. There is no better way to get a manicure that lasts up to a full six weeks. So, what are you waiting for? Try dip powder today!