What is Dip Nail Polish?
If you haven't heard of dip nail polish, then you are missing out on the hottest new nail trend. Dip polish lasts longer than any other type of manicure and is so easy to apply. You can do it at home in a matter of minutes!
With vibrant colors and shiny, professional results, you’ll never want to go back to the salon. By switching to dip powder, you’ll be saving money and time, and will be sporting some of the best nails of your life.
Dip powder manicures can be applied to natural nails or fake nails and have similar long-lasting results to gel manicures. Dip powder hardens instantly, just like gel but without the use of harmful UV lights. Ultimately, the process of applying dip powder is easier and lasts longer than gel.
The powder is made of acrylic powder. To apply it, you simply paint your nails with the special base coat then dip it into the powder. You then use a brush to remove the excess powder and apply a second layer. Once the final layer is applied, a liquid activator is painted on, hardening the manicure instantly—no UV light necessary. Finally, the color is sealed with a layer of top coat, and voila! You’ve got a stunning set of nails that will last three to six weeks.
How To Try Dip Nail Polish
Getting started with dip powder manicures is easy and affordable. All you need is a NailBoo Dip Kit. These awesome starter kits have everything you need to get salon-quality nails at home.
All of the starter kits come with a three-step liquid kit and a cleaner for finishing effects. You’ll also get build powder, colored powder, a brush, a four-way file, cuticle pusher, and remover clips to help you safely remove your color once you are finished.
There are a couple of different kits to choose from depending on how many different dip colors you want.
- The Starter Kit comes with your choice of one color powder and is perfect if you want to try dip powder out for the first time.
- The Essentials Kit comes with four different colors and is great if you want to try a variety of colors.
- The Pro Kit comes with six different colors. This kit is perfect for anyone who likes to change up their color game often.
Can’t decide which to try? Our most popular kit is our Essential Kit. It gives you a couple of different colors to try without fully committing to the Pro Kit.
How Long Does Each Jar Of Dip Powder Last?
Each jar of dip powder lasts for up to 30 sets of nails! Just imagine how much money you will be saving by doing your nails at home. With multiple colors, you can change it up as often as you want without worrying about breaking the bank.
Are NailBoo’s Products Cruelty Free?
NailBoo’s products are 100% cruelty-free. We never test on animals! So you can rest assured that no furry friends were harmed in the making of these top-notch nail dips. It’s important to us that our products are cruelty-free and deliver salon-quality results.
Is Dip Polish Good For Your Nails?
Although you can get a dip powder manicure in a salon, it actually may be best to apply this nail treatment at home. The main issue with dip polish in a salon is that everyone’s finger is getting dipped in the same powder. This can be unsanitary and cause bacteria to spread. You're better off getting your own Nail Kit setup at home to avoid this problem altogether.
Overall, there are very few downsides to dip polish. Of course, as with any long-lasting nail treatment, you must take great care when removing your dip powder to keep from damaging your natural nails. That’s why every NailBoo kit comes with removal clips and instructions on how to properly remove your manicure when you're ready to change colors. As long as you follow the instructions and never attempt to peel off your manicure, your nail beds should be just fine.
This is also why Nailboo’s Build Powder is an essential part of our nail dip process. This fantastic powder goes on before your color powder to strengthen your natural nails and protect them from any possible damage. That way, you can have gorgeous, long-lasting results while keeping your nails strong and healthy.
How To Apply Dip Polish
Applying dip polish is as easy as one, two, three! Simply follow these steps for an amazing manicure in mere minutes.
- Push Back Your Cuticles- Use your cuticle pusher to gently push back your cuticles.
- Base Coat And Build- Apply the “Base 1” from your NailBoo Kit to one of your nails. Then dip that nail into the Build Powder and tap off the excess powder. Repeat this with each nail, and then use the brush to remove any remaining excess powder.
- Base Coat And Color Powder- Apply another layer of the Base Coat liquid to each nail, but this time, dip the nail into the color powder of your choice. After you have done each nail, gently brush off the excess powder. Repeat this process twice to create two layers of gorgeous color.
- Activator Coat- Apply “Activator 2” from your NailBoo Kit to each nail. Wait two minutes for this layer to dry. This is the step that brings your dip manicure to life. The Activator hardens the color for a durable final product.
- File And Buff- After your coat of Activator has dried, use the buffer to buff the tops of each nail.
- Repeat Steps Three And Four Again- Add another layer of Activator and wait two minutes. Then buff one more time.
- Top Coat- Apply “Top 3” from your NailBoo Kit to each nail. Wait a couple of minutes, and then apply a second layer. This top coat is the finishing touch that secures everything together, delivers beautiful shine, and even protects your nails from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Applying a dip powder is easy and mess-free. You can even apply this salon-quality color from the comfort of your bed. So kick back, relax, and get ready for some seriously amazing nails.
How To Remove Dip Polish
It is essential that you properly remove your dip polish to preserve the health of your natural nails. But don’t worry! It’s super easy. Just follow these simple steps.
- Coarse Buff- Use the coarse nail file to buff the top of each nail until only a thin layer of polish remains.
- Acetone- Soak a cotton pad in pure acetone and place it on top of your nail.
- Removal Clip- Secure the cotton pad in place with a removal clip.
- Repeat- Repeat steps two and three with each finger until all of your fingers are covered.
- Wait- Leave the clips and acetone on for 15-20 min. This is a great time to watch an episode of your favorite TV show.
- Remove- Take each cotton round off in a twisting motion to loosen up the polish. Then use your cuticle pusher to gently remove any remaining residue.
- Gentle Buff- Use the gentle sides of your buffer to smooth and buff away leftover product.
- Moisturize- Use your favorite lotion to moisturize your hands and cuticles.
After you have removed all of the dip polish from your nails, you can leave them natural or try out a new color.
If you are looking for an easy way to spice up your at-home nail game, then look no further. Nail dip polish creates amazing manicures that are long-lasting, shiny, and dry instantly. You can save thousands of dollars and countless hours by ditching the nail salon for this easy at-home routine. Simply coat, dip, and activate your dip manicure for incredible, effortless results.
NailBoo has over 50 different shades to choose from, so no matter how you want to express yourself, we’ve got you covered. We have brights, pastels, sparkles, and nudes. With so many fantastic options, you will surely want to get a variety of colors perfect to match any outfit.
Get ready to have a gorgeous set of nails 365 days a year. No more shifting your schedule to make time for long, expensive trips to the salon. You can get a fresh set of nails any time with dip powders. It’s like having a 24-hour salon ready at all times.
Take control of your nail routine and get ready for endless compliments. Your friends will want to know where they can get a killer set of nails just like yours. Dip powder manicures are affordable, fun, long-lasting, and will have you looking like a million bucks. Trust us. Once you start, you’ll never want to go back to the salon.
Acrylic, Gel or Dip Nails: Understanding the Pros + Cons for Your Health | Cleveland Clinic
Acrylic nail curing UV lamps | JAAD