How To Do Ombre Nails at Home: A Step-by-Step Guide
Ombre nails are on-trend and fun to wear if you can create the look. You can design gorgeous ombre nails easily at home with the right nail products. Read on for all the information you need to know.
What Are Ombre Nails?
Ombre is a nail design that includes several shades of the same color that gradually become darker or lighter. This gradient of color tones seen in magazines and nail salons is popular all over the country, and the ombre hairstyle is even gracing the crowns of many celebrities. Rather than wearing a single color on your nails, why not wear it in all of its shades? Ombre is beautiful, and it’s a nail style that many people desire. So how do you achieve this look at home? We’ll show you how.
Products You’ll Need To Create an Ombre Nail Design
You’ll need the right nail products and tools to create the perfect ombre nail design. Nailboo has everything you need in the Dip Kit to design your ombre nails at home. The Nailboo products necessary are:
- Nailboo Grooming Kit (includes nail file, cuticle pusher, and powder brush)
- Nailboo Dip Build Powder
- Nailboo Base Coat
- Nailboo Dip Powder in two colors of your choice
- Nailboo Activator
- Nailboo Top Coat
- Nail brush for sprinkling dip powder
Design Your Ombre
You need the nail products listed above to create an ombre nail design using two dip powder colors. Choose two dip powder colors that compliment each other. For instance, try using two shades of pink, blue, or purple. Before you begin, perform your nail prep to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria.
Nail & Work Space Prep
Choose a well-ventilated area when designing your dip powder mani. Doing this will prevent your acquiring the dip flu. Lay your dip powders and other products within reach on a washable towel. Make sure that the AC or fan is not blowing directly toward you. Utilize a humidifier or air purifier if you have one.
Always cleanse your nails with warm, soapy water before you begin any nail service. Ensure all of your tools are clean and dry and free of any residue.
While dipping your nails into the powder, keep your face at a safe distance from the nail products to avoid inhalation. Use good lighting and make sure you clean your workstation when you’re finished. Now, let’s get started!
- Cleanse your hands with warm, soapy water.
- Push your cuticles back with the cuticle pusher.
- Apply the Nailboo base coat to ¾ of the nail.
- Dip the nail into the Nailboo Build Powder
- Repeat steps three and four to all remaining nails.
After coating every nail with the build powder, brush away any excess powder with the Nailboo powder brush.
Apply the Two-Tone Ombre Nail Dip Manicure
Your nails are now ready to begin the ombre dip process. Lay your two colored dip powders and a nail brush in front of you. Follow our Nailboo ombre nail tutorial and the following steps to create an ombre manicure.
- Apply Nailboo base coat to the nail.
- Dip your nail brush into one Nailboo dip powder color and sprinkle the powder to one-half of the nail.
- Dip the nail brush into the second dip powder color and sprinkle it onto the other half of the nail. Repeat steps one and two to the rest of the nails.
- Use the powder brush to remove excess powder.
- Apply a second Nailboo base coat to the nails and repeat steps two and three.
- Apply a thin, even coat of the Nailboo activator to each nail and allow it to dry.
- File and buff the nails.
- Apply a second layer of Nailboo activator to all nails and allow it to dry.
- Grab the Nailboo top coat and apply two thin, even coats to each nail.
- Allow it to dry.
Get creative and use any color combination you desire for this nail design. Glitter also makes a beautiful ombre nail set.
Apply Glitter Ombre Dip Manicure
Shimmery glitter dip powder creates beautiful ombre nails. Gather your Nailboo Dip Kit and two of your favorite Nailboo dip powder colors, and let’s get started!
First, perform nail prep by cleansing your hands and nail with warm, soapy water and ensuring all of your nail tools are clean and free of dirt and residue. Push your cuticles back with the cuticle pusher, and follow the next steps for a glitter ombre nail set.
- Apply Nailboo base coat to ¾ of the nail.
- Dip the nail into the Nailboo build powder. Repeat on all nails.
- Use the Nailboo powder brush to remove excess powder from the nails.
- Apply Nailboo base coat to the entire nail and dip into the Nailboo pigmented dip powder. Repeat on each nail.
- Apply a second Nailboo base coat and a second dip into the pigmented Nailboo dip powder.
- Apply the base coat to the entire nail, then sprinkle the Nailboo glitter dip powder to the tip of the nail. Repeat on each nail.
- Apply Nailboo activator to each nail and allow it to dry.
- File and buff the nails.
- Apply a second coat of Nailboo activator and allow it to dry.
- Apply two coats of Nailboo top coat and allow it to dry.
Voilá! Your nails are ready to shimmer and shine. This glitter ombre looks fantastic in many different color combinations.
How To Remove a Dip powder Manicure
You can remove a dip powder manicure at home by following these simple removal instructions. A nail file, uncooked rice, small bowl, one sponge or paper towel, plastic zip-top bag, hand cream, and 100% pure acetone. Watch this dip powder removal tutorial and follow these instructions:
- File the glossy top coat away from the nails with the nail file.
- Fill the bowl with uncooked rice and microwave for 30-60 seconds, then carefully test the temperature after the allotted time. The rice should be warm to the touch.
- Place half of a clean kitchen sponge or one paper towel into the plastic baggie, and place the bag into the rice bowl. Pour 100% pure acetone over the sponge in the bag.
- Apply hand cream to your cuticles and the skin around them for protection.
- Place your hand into the plastic bag and rub your nails against the warm, acetone-saturated sponge.
- Continue scrubbing until you remove all of the dip powder.
- Lightly file and buff your nails with the nail file.
Ombre nails are beautiful and easy to create at home with Nailboo nail products and tools. Select your favorite dip powder colors and design ombre and gradient manicures that look like you just left the salon. Our high-quality dip powders are long-lasting and provide full-coverage color.
You don’t have to go to the nail salon to have salon-quality nails. Nailboo has everything you need to create the trendy nail styles you love without breaking the bank. Choose Nailboo for your next ombre manicure. You’ll be glad you did!
Shop The Look
Complete your nail look with Nailboo dip powers and nail essentials.
- Nailboo Grooming Kit contains a powder brush, cuticle pusher, and four-way file
- Nailboo Dip Kit contains the essentials you need to complete a dip mani set
- Nailboo dip powder in your fav two colors. We chose Velvet Lust and Nail-flex and Chill for our ombre.
- Nailboo Solar Shimmer is the perfect glitter for the glitter ombre style.
35 Beautiful Ombre Nail Design Ideas for 2021 | The Trend Spotter
How to Remove Dip Powder Nails at Home: A Guide | Byrdie
What Is a Dip Powder Manicure - Dip Powder Manicure vs. Gel Manicure | ELLE