How to Do Nails at Home: Professional Nail Tips
Since the pandemic, we have all had to give up our beloved trips to the nail salon, but that doesn’t mean we have to give up stunning salon-quality nails. With Nailboo, you can get gorgeous salon-quality nails at home in a matter of minutes. Even after the salons re-open, you won’t need to go back. These manicures are that good!
Have you ever tried to paint your own nails at home only to end up with a smudgy, lumpy mess? Thanks to the revolutionary new dip powder manicure, those days are gone. These stunning manicures are easy to apply at home and produce amazing salon-quality results time and time again.
Today we will give you the inside scoop on everything you need to know to get a stunning manicure at home. Get ready to become a manicure pro!
What Is A Dip Powder Manicure?
Dip powder manicures are a fantastic new kind of mani that use superfine acrylic powders to create long-lasting, stunning, salon-quality nails in a matter of minutes. Dip powders have been used by professional manicurists for a long time but are now available for you to use at home.
All you have to do is apply a base coat and dip your nail in the color powder. Once you have created two layers of color, a liquid activator is applied that instantly hardens your mani. Top this off with a layer of glossy top coat, and voila! You’ve got a stunning mani that will last up to six whole weeks.
If you love the long-lasting results of a gel manicure, then you will surely be amazed by a dip powder manicure. Dip manis last twice as long and are applied without the use of a potentially harmful UV light. This makes dip powder safer and easier to apply from the comfort of your home.
What You Need To Apply Dip Powder Like A Pro
All you need to apply a dip powder manicure like a pro is a handy Nailboo Dip Kit. This amazing kit comes with a three-step liquid kit and a cleaner for finishing effects. You’ll also get build powder, colored powder, a brush, a four-way file, cuticle pusher, and remover clips to help you safely remove your color once you are finished.
Depending on how many different color powders you want, there are three different kits to choose from:
- The Starter Kit contains one color powder (you can choose) and is perfect if you want to try dip powder out for the first time.
- The Essentials Kit has four colors and is perfect if you want to try a variety of colors.
- The Pro Kit contains six different colors, so this is the one for you if you’re super into your nails. This kit is perfect for channeling your inner nail professional with lots of color options.
Naiboo Dip Kits will supply you with everything you need for a perfect manicure. You should also have some acetone and a few cotton rounds on hand for nail prep and removal for extra long-lasting results.
How To Prep Your Nails Like A Pro
Every good manicure starts with some nail bed maintenance. To begin your professional-grade manicure, you will need to file, buff, and clean your nails. This will help your manicure look just as good as an expensive salon mani.
With dip powder manicures, you should avoid soaking your nails as this can cause your nail beds to expand. This will ultimately keep your manicure from lasting as long as it can. Skipping the soak is a pro tip that works for all types of manis.
To prep your nails like a pro, follow these simple steps:
- File Your Nails- Move the file in one direction over the nail, starting at the edge and rounding towards the center. Do not file back and forth, as this creates rough edges.
- Push Back Your Cuticles- Do not trim your cuticles. Simply use the cuticle pusher to gently push back your cuticles.
- Buff Your Nails- Use the gentle side of your four-way buffer to smooth out any ridges and remove built-up oils on the nail’s surface.
- Wash Your Hands- Wash your hands to remove any residue or remaining oils.
- Acetone- Apply acetone to each nail to remove all remaining oils. This is a pro tip that will ensure your mani stays put for as long as possible.
How To Apply A Dip Powder Manicure Like A Pro
Nailboo’s Dip Kit makes applying your dip powder like a professional easy. You will be amazed at the salon-quality results you can get in a matter of minutes. After you’ve prepped your nails, use your Nailboo Dip Kit to apply your manicure like a pro with these simple steps:
- Base Coat + Build- Apply Base 1 from your Dip Kit to one of your nails at a time. Next, dip that nail into the Build Powder. Then, tap off the excess powder. Repeat this with each nail, and then use the brush from your kit to remove any remaining powder on your finger.
- Base Coat + Color Powder- Apply another layer of the Base Coat liquid to each nail, but this time, dip the nail into the color powder of your choice. After you have done each nail, gently brush off the excess powder. Repeat this process twice to create two layers of gorgeous color.
- Activator Coat- Apply a coat of Activator 2 to each nail. Wait for this layer to dry, around two minutes. This liquid Activator will harden the dip color for long-lasting results.
- File + Buff- Once the coat of Activator dries, buff the tops of each nail.
- Activate + Buff Again- Paint on a second layer of Activator and wait two minutes. Then buff the tops of your nails one more time.
- Shiny Top Coat- Finally, paint on a layer of Top Coat on all of your nails. Wait a couple of minutes for the first layer to dry, and then apply a second layer. This top coat will seal in your gorgeous color and will give you that glossy finish that we’re all craving. Nailboo’s Top Coat delivers beautiful shine and even protects your nails from the sun’s UV rays.
Once you get used to applying dip polish manicures, you will be able to complete this whole process in just a few minutes. To take your mani to the next level, you can add some simple designs like this fabulous marbled effect.
How To Remove Your Mani Like A Pro
Nailboo’s handy removal clips make removing your dip powder manicure like a pro easy. It is essential that you never try to pick off your dip powder manicure—this might end up damaging your natural nails. Remove your mani safely with these easy steps:
- Coarse Buff- Use the coarse side of the four-way file from your kit to buff the tops of each nail, removing the top layer of polish.
- Acetone- Apply pure acetone to a cotton round and place it on top of your nail.
- Removal Clip- Use the removal clips provided to secure the cotton pad, and do the same on every nail.
- Wait- Let these wraps sit on your fingers for 15-20 min or until the polish easily scrapes off. This is a great time to scroll through social media or watch TV.
- Remove- Using a gentle twisting motion, remove each cotton round and loosen the polish from your nail. If there is any remaining polish, use your cuticle pusher to remove it gently.
- Gentle Buff- Use the gentle buffing side of your four-way file to smooth and buff away any remaining polish.
- Moisturize- Treat yourself to some lotion and cuticle oil to make sure that you’re really caring for your nails. Acetone can be very drying on your skin, and it is important to take care of your nail beds.
Once you have removed your dip mani, you are ready to apply a fresh set of color. With 58 different shades to try, Nailboo has you covered with tons of color options.
Want To Add Nail Tips?
If you bite your nails or have naturally short nails, you can always add some Pro-Touch Nail Tips to your nails for a manicure that looks and feels like a professional acrylic set. These tips come in a variety of shapes and sizes so that you can pick the perfect set for your style needs.
To apply a dip powder manicure with tips, simply prep your nails, attach your tips with nail glue, then apply your dip powder with the same simple steps from before. You will end up with a flawless set of nails without spending hours at the salon.
Nailboo dip kits make it easy for you to get professional-level manicures easily. With top-quality powders, design tutorials, and all the tools you need, Nailboo can be your one-stop shop for creating your own salon set up at home.
With these helpful tips and tricks, you will be creating salon-quality manicures in no time. Get ready to save tons of money and time by doing your own nails, just like a manicure professional.
5 Tricks to Make Your Mani-Pedi Last Longer | Women's Health Mag
Acrylic nail curing UV lamps: High-intensity exposure warrants further research of skin cancer risk | JAAD
How to File Nails Safely So They Don't Break or Peel | Healthline