How to Paint Your Nails with Professional Nail Salon Quality
Painting your nails like a professional isn’t as impossible as it may seem. Sure, we have all had our fair share of at-home nail disasters that end with a total mess, but not anymore. A better way exists!
Dip powder manicures are a great new type of polish that is perfect for at-home manicures. Dip nails are easier to apply than any other type of manicure. They will leave you with stunning salon-quality results every single time, no matter what your level of manicure experience is.
Today, we will cover application tips and tricks that will help you apply your dip powder manicure like a total pro. With dip powder, it is easy to get perfect nails every time, and the best part is, they will last for six whole weeks!
What Exactly Is Dip Powder?
Dip powder manis are the longest-lasting type of manicure currently available. Sure, you can get a dip manicure at the salon, but they are so easy to apply, you might as well save some money and do it yourself. This type of manicure is applied by painting the nail with a special base coat then dipping the nail into a fine acrylic powder.
After each nail has two layers of color, the polish is cured using an activation liquid that hardens the color instantly. The results are similar to the instant hardening effects of a gel manicure, except dip powder doesn’t need UV light to cure. This is great because UV lights could be dangerous to your health if used too often—they’re basically tiny tanning beds.
How To Prepare For A Professional Nail Salon Experience At Home
Getting your nails done at a salon is a relaxing experience that leaves you with a stunning set of fresh nails. Luckily, this experience isn’t difficult to replicate at home. With just a few tips, you can have an at-home nail experience that is more relaxing than any trip to the salon. Plus, with dip powder, you’ll not only feel like you just came from the nail salon, but you’ll also look the part too. No one will be able to tell the difference!
If you want to create a salon experience at home, then you will need to find a place in your house that is quiet and relaxing for you to paint your nails in. After all, one of the best parts of a trip to the salon is the escape. Find a place in your home that you can shut the door and have a little self-care time.
You will also want to make sure you have somewhere to sit comfortably. If you are applying manicure, a table or surface may be helpful. If you are applying a pedicure, create a comfortable place to sit with your feet propped up. Nothing quite ruins an at-home spa day like an achy back.
To give your at-home salon day an extra special touch, you can light your favorite candle, play your favorite music, or pop on your favorite TV show. One of the best parts of painting your nails at home is that you get to choose what the atmosphere is. So, have fun with it!
All you need to paint your nails like a professional is a Nailboo Dip Kit. This fantastic kit includes everything you need to get salon-quality nails at home. With this kit, you will get several nail grooming tools as well as all the supplies you need for a gorgeous dip powder manicure.
Included in each kit:
- Three-Step Liquid Kit
- Build Powder
- Color Powder
- Four-Way File
- Cuticle Pusher
- Removal Clips
There are three different kits that you can get depending on the number of dip powder colors you want.
- The Starter Kit comes with one jar of color powder and is excellent for nail dip beginners.
- The Essentials Kit comes with four jars of color powder and is the best-selling kit offered.
- The Pro Kit comes with six jars of color powder and is perfect for people who like to have a large variety of colors.
No matter which kit you choose, you will get to pick your favorite colors from Nailboo’s 58 color powders. We all have a unique sense of style; that’s why Nailboo has the perfect color to match any look. Simply pick out your go-to colors, and we’ll make sure you are equipped with all the supplies you need for applying the nails and removing them.
In addition to your Nailboo Dip Kit, you will also need a bottle of pure acetone and some cotton rounds for removal. You can switch your color whenever you want; just make sure to never pick or peel at your dip polish—this could damage your natural nails.
How To Apply Dip Powder Like A Pro
Dip powder makes it easy to get salon-quality results no matter your level of manicure experience. After just one at-home nail session, you’ll never return to the time and expense of the salon.
Prep Your Nails
Just like any salon manicure, you should begin by preparing your nails like a professional. Start by trimming, filing, and gently buffing your nails. Once you finish, wash and dry your hands, use your cuticle pusher to push back your cuticles gently. Contrary to common practice, you don’t need to trim your cuticles. Pushing them back is the safest way to keep your cuticles healthy and groomed.
Apply Your Dip Polish
The process of applying dip polish is pretty different from painting your nails with traditional polish. This new process may take a few tries to get used to, but in the end, it is way easier and produces better results than traditional polish.
Follow these easy steps for a professional application:
- Base And Build- Paint your first nail with Base 1. Then, dip that nail into the Build Powder. This will protect your natural nail and give you a smooth base. Repeat this step with each nail, and then use the brush to remove any leftover powder.
- Base Coat And Color Powder- Next, paint your nail with Base 1 a second time, then dip your nail into the color powder you’ve picked for this mani. Do this with each of your nails twice to create two coats of polish, then use your brush to remove the leftover powder.
- Activator Liquid- Next, apply a coat of Activator 2 to your nail. Wait for two minutes or until this coat dries. This step will cure your manicure for durable, long-lasting results.
- File And Buff- Next, use the coarse level of the four-way file from your kit to buff the tops of your nails.
- Activate And Buff- Apply another coat of Activator 2 to each nail, wait for two minutes or until it is dry, and then buff the tops of your nails one last time.
- Protective Top Coat- Finish off your high-quality manicure with a coat of glossy Top 3. This is the step that seals in your color and leaves you with that shiny, “straight from the salon” look.
- All Done- Your gorgeous nails are ready to go! You will be blown away by the stunning results you get with this effortless at-home kit.
How To Remove Your Polish Like A Pro
The best part about learning to do your nails like a pro is that you can change your color whenever you want. Your dip powder manicure will last up to six weeks without chipping, but once you’re ready to remove it, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Coarse Buff- Use the coarse side of your four-way file to remove the top layer of polish from each nail.
- Acetone- Soak a cotton round with acetone and place it on top of each nail.
- Removal Clip- Secure the cotton round with a handy removal clip.
- Wait- Let your fingers soak for 15-20 minutes or until the polish easily lifts up.
- Remove- Use a gentle twisting motion to loosen the polish from your nail, then gently scrape off any remaining polish with your cuticle pusher.
- Gentle Buff- Finally, use the gentle side of your four-way file to buff away any remaining bits of polish.
- Moisturize- To finish off like a pro, massage some lotion into your hands and cuticles to moisturize your nail beds.
With a Nailboo, it’s easy to get salon-quality results at home in a matter of minutes. You will save thousands of dollars by switching to this fabulous at-home nail system. All you need is a Nailboo Dip Kit and some extra goodies to set the mood for relaxation. So order your kit and become a nail pro today!