Effective date: 05/17/22
1. Collection of personal information. We collect certain personal information about you when you sign up for an account or otherwise use our websites. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our sites as you use them.
2. Use of personal information. We use your personal information for various purposes connected with your interest in our websites, products, and services, and to allow us to maintain and improve them.
3. Sharing of Personal Information. We may share your personal information with certain third parties, such as with our service providers and to provide you with opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you.
4. Your rights and choices. You may have certain rights and choices regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
5. Data security. The security of your personal information is of utmost important to us and we maintain appropriate safeguards to protect it.
7. Children's privacy. You must be at least 18 years old or older to register to use our sites.
8. International data transfers. Our websites are operated exclusively in the United States.
9. California Privacy Notice. We provide additional disclosures and rights to California residents.
10. European Privacy Notice. We provide additional disclosures and rights to individuals located in Europe.
11. Links to other websites. Our websites may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us and that are subject to third party privacy policies and other terms.
13. Contact us. You may contact us for comments or questions in various ways.
1. Collection of Personal Information
a. Personal information you provide us
We may collect the following personal information about you that you choose to provide us when you use our Sites:
- Account information. When you sign up for an account, you may be asked to provide your first and last name, email address, password, and other information about you.
- Email newsletter and contact information. When you sign up for our email newsletter, you must provide your email address. If you wish to contact us via one of our web contact forms, you will be asked to provide your name and email address.
- Certain promotions for Underlining products and services may require you to provide us with your email address, telephone number, and other information about you.
- Payment information. If you purchase products from us, you may be required to provide your payment card or bank account information, or your account information for one of our third party payment platforms such as Shop Pay, PayPal, or Google Pay, as well as your shipping and billing addresses.
b. Information that we automatically collect
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device identifier, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons, and the language version of the Sites you are visiting; and
- Usage data, such as geolocation data, browsing history, time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, patterns of use, and the pages that led or referred you to our Site.
We also collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps, and other online features and services. For example, some of our community websites may use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
c. Aggregated, anonymized, and deidentified information
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information that we collect about you in the following ways:
a. Our products and services
We use the personal information we collect to provide the products and services that Underlining offers to its customers, as well as to provide, maintain, and improve our Sites and the services that Underlining offers through them (together, our “Products and Services”). This includes:
- Providing you with requested Products and Services;
- Providing you with customer service and support, and facilitating other communications that you request or that are required to provide Products and Services to you;
- Processing payments and refunds;
- Facilitating and supporting our community features;
- Providing you with information about new Products and Services and other opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you, whether offered by us or third-party partners, and to personalize, measure, and improve such offers;
- Performing analytics for new and existing Sites, such as our user accounts and related features;
- Maintaining and improving the quality of our Sites;
- Growing our business, including to perform research and development, understanding our customer trends, and understand the effectiveness of our marketing;
- Protecting ourselves, you, and others; prevent fraud and other unlawful or unauthorized activity; and create and maintain a trusted, secure, and reliable online environment; and
- Complying with our legal obligations; respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; and to establish or exercise our legal rights or defense against legal claims.
b. Digital marketing communications
We may send you promotional email communications about Underlining, invite you to participate in events or promotions, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, consistent with your preferences and applicable law. For example, when you provide your email address to join our email newsletter, or when we otherwise collect your contact information through your interaction with our Sites, we may use that information to follow up with you regarding an event or send you information that you have requested about Underlining or our third party partners. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these marketing communications from us via the unsubscribe link provided in such emails or by following further instructions provided in Your Rights and Choices.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
a. Among our brands and affiliates. We may share personal information among our various brands and affiliates to provide our Sites, provide the Products and Services, and for internal administrative purposes.
b. Our service providers. We share personal information with our service providers to provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing, analytics, advertising, hosting, marketing, customer and technical support, and other services. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
e. Compliance and harm prevention. We may share personal information as we believe necessary (i) to comply with applicable law, rules and regulations; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Sites, Products, and Services; (iv) to protect and defend the rights, privacy, safety and property of Underlining, you, and others; and (v) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities.
4. Your Rights and Choices
You may have rights and choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information. Unless instructed otherwise, you can exercise these rights and choices using the information in the Contact Us section at the end of this Policy.
a. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer wish to receive promotional email communications from us, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required in order to provide you with our Products and Services or for other reasons disclosed in this Policy.
b. Your California privacy rights. California residents have certain rights with respect to our collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. Please review our California Privacy Notice for more information about those rights.
c. Your Nevada privacy rights. Nevada residents have the right to request to opt out of any “sale” of their personal information. Underlining does not sell your personal information. However, you may nonetheless request to opt out of the future sale of your personal information. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section at the end of this Policy, and provide “Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject line. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your request so that we can verify your Nevada residence and respond. In the event we sell your personal information after the receipt of your request, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with such request.
d. Your European privacy rights. Individuals located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland have certain rights with respect to our collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. Please review our European Privacy Notice for more information about those rights
5. Data Security
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we use reasonable practices and procedures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We maintain appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the security of your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or misuse.
- Necessity. To enable features that are necessary for providing you the services on our Sites, such as keeping you signed in, improving security, and preventing and detecting fraud.
- Preference. To allow us to remember your preferences and identify you when you return to our Sites.
- Analytics. To allow us to understand how our Sites are being used, track site performance and content views, and make improvements to the content, products or services.
- Advertising. To deliver targeted advertising based on your preferences, location, and/or interests across different services and devices and measuring effectiveness of ads.
- Social Media. To enable the sharing of content from our Sites through social networking and other sites.
You can modify your browser settings to decline or accept Cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our Sites’ features may not function as designed.
If you wish to opt out of our sharing of the data that is gathered when you visit our Site for purposes of targeted digital advertising, we encourage you to visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising for more information about opting out of seeing targeted digital advertisements. You may also visit these websites for more information on how you can opt back in to the sharing of data.
Opting out of advertising networks does not necessarily mean that you will not receive advertisements while using our Sites or on other websites.
We do not support Do Not Track functionality. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
7. Children’s Privacy
You must be at least 18 years old or older to register use our Sites and the Products and Services offered through them. The Sites are intended for a general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18 through the Sites.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
8. International Data Transfers
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”), or Switzerland, we comply with any applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection to the U.S., as described further in European Privacy Notice. Where applicable law requires us to ensure that an international data transfer is governed by a data transfer mechanism, we use EU Standard Contractual Clauses with data recipients located outside the EEA or the UK as well as other appropriate measures and safeguards.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
The CCPA provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information, as well as rights to access, delete, and restrict the sale of certain personal information we collect about them. California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights under the CCPA. If you are a California resident, you may submit a request to exercise these rights by completing our online webform or by emailing us using the information provided in the Your Privacy Rights section below.
If you are a visually-impaired customer, a customer who has another disability or a customer who seek support in other language, you may access this California Privacy Notice by emailing us at email@example.com.
a. Personal Information We Collect
For the purposes of this California Privacy Notice, except where a different definition is noted, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or other information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws.
Underlining collects Personal Information provided by Consumers through the Site. Over the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from Consumers:
- Identifiers, including your first and last name; billing and shipping address; email address; phone number; username and password; online identifiers as detailed below including IP address or device IDs; and/or other similar identifiers.
- Payment and financial information, including your credit or debit card number and related payment card information; bank account and routing number; and/or other financial information.
- Commercial information, which includes our Services that you have purchased, obtained, or considered; and/or other purchasing or consumer histories, tendencies, and preferences.
- Geolocation data, which includes Global Positioning System (“GPS”) data based on your IP address.
- Information not listed above and related to characteristics protected under California or federal law, which may include gender.
- Inferences based on the above information.
b. What We Do With Your Personal Information
c. Sources of Collected Personal Information
We may collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- From you, including via our Sites, in person, telephone, postal mail, and/or social media
- From our brands and affiliates, including TatBrow®, Hide®, and Nailboo®
- Through our service providers, such as non-affiliated companies who help us provide Services to you
- From our business partners and others, including those that may promote and/or offer products and services that may be of interest to you
We may supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers.
d. Who We Share Personal Information With
We limit our disclosure of the categories of personal information above to our service providers for one or more business purposes.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties, including personal information of minors under 16 years of age. However, as with nearly every e-commerce company, we do share a limited set of data that is gathered when you visit our Site, such as cookies and pixels, with third parties in order to allow you to see tailored digital advertisements. To the extent this activity is interpreted as included in California’s broad definition of “data sale,” we have provided you with opt-out rights as to that activity as described in subsections (e) and (f) below.
e. Your Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights under applicable California law in relation to your personal information, subject to certain exceptions:
- Right to Know. You have the right to, up to twice in a 12-month period, request what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell, as applicable.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request under certain circumstances the deletion of your personal information that is collected by us.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by a business. However, as noted in subsection (d) above, we do not currently sell any personal information. We do participate in behavioral ad networks, and to the extent participation in such networks is deemed to be a data sale under the CCPA, we have provided instructions on how you can opt-out in subsection (f) below.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights described above.
How to submit a request. You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post mail at: Underlining, Inc., 1065 SW 8th St, PMB 668, Miami, FL 33130.
Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and residency verification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request”) as permitted by the CCPA. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information that enables us to reasonably verify that you are the consumer about whom we collected the personal information on. In order to verify you, you must provide us with your first and last name and email address. These rights are also subject to various exclusions and exceptions under applicable laws.
You may also designate an authorized agent, in writing or through a power of attorney, to request to exercise the above rights on your behalf. The authorized agent may submit a request to exercise these rights by emailing the letter of authorization or power of attorney to email@example.com.
We currently do not collect household data. If we receive a Right to Know or Right to Delete request submitted by all members of a household, we will individually respond to each request. We will not be able to comply with any request by a member of a household under the age of 13, as we do not collect personal information from any person under the age of 13.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days after receipt of a Verifiable Consumer Request for a period covering twelve (12) months and for no more than twice in a twelve-month period. We reserve the right to extend the response time by an additional forty-five (45) days when reasonably necessary and provided consumer notification of the extension is made within the first forty-five (45) days.
Direct marketing by third parties. We do not disclose this type of personal information to third parties for their own purposes, and we permit you to opt-out of any disclosures of non-identifiable personal information. However, because California residents have the right to request information regarding such practices under California’s “Shine the Light” Law, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this Policy. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your email or mail request so that we can verify your California residence and respond. “Personal information” under this California law means any information that identified, described, or was able to be associated with an individual at the time of disclosure.
f. Notice of Right to Opt-Out
As noted in Sections D and E above, we do not currently sell any personal information. We do, however, participate in behavioral advertising networks. To the extent participation in such networks is deemed to be a data sale under the CCPA, we encourage you to visit the Network Advertising Initiative and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising for more information about opting out of seeing targeted digital advertisements.
g. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this California Privacy Notice or wish to exercise one of the privacy rights detailed above, please submit a rights request or otherwise contact us using the information in our Contact Us section.
10. European Privacy Notice
European law provides individuals located in Europe with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of personal data, as well as rights to be informed, access, rectification, erasure, restrict processing, data portability and to object with respect to collected personal data. For the purposes of this European Privacy Notice, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
a. Basis for processing your personal data
Legitimate business interests. We may collect, process, and maintain personal data to pursue the legitimate business interests outlined below. To determine these legitimate interests, we balance our legitimate interests against the legitimate interests and rights of you and others and only process personal data in accordance with those interests where they are not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Provide, improve, and develop our Sites, Products, and Services, including to deliver your requested Products and Services, send you messages and provide user support, customize the Sites to better fit your needs as a user, develop new Products and Services, and perform internal analytics and research and development. This also includes sharing personal data with our trusted service providers that provide services on our behalf.
- Protect you and others and to create and maintain a trusted environment, such as to comply with our legal obligations, to ensure compliance our agreements with you and other third parties, to ensure safe, secure, and reliable Sites, Products, and Services, and to detect and prevent wrongdoing and crime, assure compliance with our policies, and protect and defend our rights, interests, and property. In connection with the activities above, we may conduct internal research and profiling based on your interactions on various Sites, content you submit to the Sites, and information obtained from third parties.
- Provide, personalize, measure and improve our marketing, including to send you promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you with your consent. We may also use personal data to understand our user base and the effectiveness of our marketing. This processing is done pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer products or services that may be of interest to you.
b. Your privacy rights
In certain circumstances, individuals located within the EEA, UK, and Switzerland are entitled to the following data protection rights regarding their personal data:
- Right to access. You have the right to request confirmation of whether Underlining processes personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request that Underlining correct or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request that Underlining erase your personal data in certain circumstances provided by law.
- Right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that Underlining restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing. You have the right to object to Underlining’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to request that Underlining export the data that we have collected to you or another company, under certain conditions.
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your previously provided consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a written request using the information in the Contact Us section below. We will respond to these requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the appropriate supervisory authority. You can view the contact information for your data protection authority here.
11. Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Underlining. We strongly suggest you review their privacy policies. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content or privacy policies, or the practices of the operator of the website or services.
13. Contact Us
Phone: 1 (800) 936-1810
Address: Underlining, Inc.
1065 SW 8th Street PMB 668
Miami, FL 33130
Contact Form: https://nailboo.com/pages/privacy-contact