Cloud Nail Application
Nothing makes more of a statement than dreamy cloud nails. This trendy design looks fantastic on anyone, and it’s super easy to create. Snag this professional-looking nail design at home with Nailboo dip powders by following these simple steps.
What You Need
To create the cloud nail design, you’ll need a few supplies. The most convenient and cost-effective way to get everything you need is to purchase the Nailboo dip kit. This kit includes everything you need to complete a dip powder nail set from start to finish.
Here are the specific Nailboo items you need for the cloud mani:
- Cuticle pusher
- Nailboo base coat
- Nailboo activator
- Nailboo build powder
- Four-way nail file
- Orangewood stick
- Small piece of foil
Nailboo colored dip powders in Ocean Glitz and Here’s a Tip
Nailboo top coat
Before You Begin
As with any nail product, dip powder contains ingredients that may irritate people with sensitive skin or eyes. To prevent irritation or allergic reactions, make sure to apply your dip powder mani in a well-ventilated area. Here are a few safety tips to remember:
- Wear a face mask and glasses when applying your dip mani to help prevent allergic reactions.
- Do not touch your face or eyes while applying your dip powder manicure.
- After you’ve completed the application, clean your workspace thoroughly to remove any remaining dust or powder particles.
Nail prep is essential before beginning any manicure. Grab your cuticle pusher and gently push back your cuticles. Doing this will ensure that dip powder covers your entire nail.
Next, shape, file, and buff your nails to the length you prefer. Make sure that the surface of your nails is smooth. Wash your hands with soap and water to remove dust and oils from your nails, then dry your hands with a lint-free towel.
Grab your Nailboo supplies and let’s get started!
Step one aims to provide your digits with a solid foundation to deter lifting, help the colors adhere to the nails, and strengthen your natural nails. While using dip powder, work with one nail at a time. By doing this, you ensure that each step is carried out entirely.
Coat & Build
- Apply the Nailboo base coat liquid to one fingernail.
- Dip the nail into the Nailboo build powder.
- Tap and brush the nail to remove excess build powder.
- Repeat on each nail.
Base Coat & Color
- Apply base liquid again, working with one nail at a time.
- Dip the nail into the Nailboo Ocean Glitz dip powder.
- Tap and brush the nail to remove excess powder.
- Repeat on each nail.
- Follow the above steps 1-4 for a second coat. This extra step will give your nails two full-coverage coats of blue Ocean Glitz.
- Place one drop of Nailboo base coat liquid onto a small piece of foil.
- Dip an orangewood stick into the base coat and draw mini cloud shapes onto your nail. Remember to work one nail at a time.
- Immediately sprinkle the “clouds” with the Nailboo Here’s a Tip dip powder.
- Tap and brush the excess powder away from the nail.
- Repeat, drawing clouds and sprinkling Here’s a Tip until all of your “clouds” are complete.
Encapsulation of the “clouds” is vital for a few reasons. First, it keeps them fresh and white in color, and second, encapsulation blends them with the rest of the nail.
- Apply Nailboo base coat liquid to the nail.
- Dip nails in base powder.
- Brush away the excess powder.
Step two activation hardens the powder and seals in color for a long-lasting dip powder mani.
- Apply a thin layer of Nailboo activator liquid to each nail.
- Allow it to dry for two minutes.
- Buff the tops and edges of your nails with the four-way nail file.
- Apply a second thin layer of activator liquid to each nail.
- Wait another two minutes until it is dry.
Step three is the final step to the cloud nail application. The top coat adds a glossy shine and UV protection to your nails, so don’t skip this step.
Apply a thin layer of Nailboo top coat to each nail and allow them to dry thoroughly. Next, apply a second coat of the top coat and allow it to dry one last time.
Ta-da! You’ve designed Nailboo cloud nails.
To Sum It Up
Make your dreams come true with Nailboo. The professional-looking cloud mani looks like you just stepped out of a salon. Nailboo dip powder products make at-home, salon-quality manicures your reality.
Shop The Look
Nailboo has everything you need to design your net fluffy cloud mani!
The Nailboo Dip Kit has everything you need to design the perfect dip mani from beginning to end.
Nailboo dip color in Ocean Glitz is a fun, bright blue, making it the perfect “sky” backdrop.
Nailboo dip color powder in Here’s a Tip is a beautiful, crisp white. Perfect for designing “clouds”.
CUTICLE PUSHING: HOW & WHEN YOU SHOULD DO IT | Nails FAQ
This new nail art trend from NYFW involves human hair (yes, really) | Glamour UK
Avoid Common Dipping Powder Issues With These Troubleshooting Tips | Nailpro